A while back Adobe teased some new features that would be coming to Photoshop, and today they have announced the availability of a major update to its Creative Cloud suite of applications.
Bryan Lamkin, executive vice president and general manager, Digital Media at Adobe states:
Among other features, Creative Cloud desktop apps for subscribers include:
- Content-Aware Crop in Photoshop, which automatically fills in the gaps when you rotate or expand a canvas beyond the original image size.
- Face-Aware Liquify in Photoshop, an easy way to create artistic effects with facial features using the Liquify Tool while keeping the face in proportion.
- Match Font in Photoshop, an innovative font recognition technology that has the ability to recognize and identify licensed fonts and automatically suggest fonts available on your computer system or available to license through Adobe Typekit.
- Character Animator Preview in After Effects CC, which matches an animated character to a real life actor’s speech and movements, was first showcased on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert in the host’s recurring “Cartoon Donald Trump” (1:30) interviews and most recently by The Simpsons animation team in the episode that aired May 15, 2016.
- New Virtual Reality (VR) features in Adobe Premiere Pro CC, including “field of view” mode for previewing content.
- Adobe XD Preview, Adobe’s new experience design tool is now available in German, French, and Japanese.
- Fast Export of assets and artboards in Adobe Illustrator CC, allowing users to export assets to multiple formats and resolutions with a single click.
- Photoshop productivity enhancements, including a four times performance improvement when working with the Font Menu and three times improvement for Content-Aware Fill.