The WWDC 2016 is just around the corner, kicking off with a keynote presentation on Monday, June 13, at 10am, and just in time for the event, Apple has issued a timely refresh to its official WWDC app for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. The new version now supports the fourth-generation Apple TV, meaning you’ll be able to watch session videos and other WWDC action from the comfort of your couch.
Here’s the updated description for WWDC 5.0:
Make the most of the 2016 Apple Worldwide Developers Conference with the WWDC app. Even if you can’t join us in San Francisco, you can still follow along each day on iOS and tvOS. And because the WWDC app experience extends to Apple Watch, favorite session information is available right on your wrist.
- Watch live streamed sessions on iOS and tvOS.
- Stream or download WWDC videos from this year and previous years.
- Start watching on one iOS device, and pick up where you left off on another iOS device or on the new Apple TV.
- Browse times, locations, and descriptions for sessions, labs, and special events.
- Mark schedule items as favorites.
- Keep up with the latest news, get important notifications, and see new photos throughout each day.
- View accessible maps to find your way around Moscone West.
- Provide feedback on content and speakers for each session.
- Add your pass to Wallet for faster check-in at WWDC.
In addition to these changes, the app has gained a revamped all-black Home screen icon and a dark interface.